Celebrate Park and Recreation month by visiting your local pool! July is dedicated to recognizing the importance of recreation in our lives. We applaud the vital role parks and recreation professionals play in providing essential services and fostering the growth of our communities! National Recreation and Park Association #wherecommunitygrows
Pool and Swimming Facts
• Safety, recreation, a reprieve from the heat, and athletics!
• Approx. 309,000 public swimming pools in the U.S.
• Only 56% of Americans have the 5 basic swimming skills
• Summer municipal swimming lessons are consistently filled
• Swimming = most popular recreational activity for children and teens ages 7-17
• Aquatics rank high on community “wish” surveys
• Bonus fact! Essenza founder and Principal Christa Plaza, was once the head lifeguard at Arizona State University's Mona Plummer Aquatic Complex
Source: Swimming Pools in the US - Industry Data, Trends, Stats | IBISWorld